Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A girl walks into a Walmart...

Not much in the way of living room remodel was accomplished tonight. Got off work at 5:30 and stopped at Walmart on my way home to have some prescriptions filled. "It will be about an hour wait," said the pharmacy tech at the window. They will text me as soon as they are done. No problem...I can easily browse Walmart for an hour.

An hour and a half later - still no text and my basket was looking pretty healthy so I thought I would go check on my scripts to see if they were ready. After seeing the pick-up line about 15 people deep I just thought forget it and went to check out. I spent $71 and still no medicine.

Don't get me wrong - I am not criticizing Walmart. I'm the one who waited until the busiest time of the day to drop them off. I'm very attached to the cutest little Walmart pharmacy technician in the world - not naming names, but his initials are J.A.R.E.D. - and I've heard everything he has to go through in a day's work. I'm not going to be the grouchy old lady that ruins their day.

I think what I'm grouchy about is the fact that I walked into the doctor's office perfectly fine (in MY mind) and walked out on five medications. You would think what I do for a living would make me very aware of the benefits of preventative medicine. Practice what I preach and all that. However, I think it's had the opposite effect seeing as how I have a freakish aversion to going to the doctor. This was my first checkup in 10 years; what did I expect?

It's a wakeup call for sure. If I can do it, you can too! Get your flu shots, pneumonia vaccines, mammograms and checkups! I will practice what I preach from now on.

By the way, I received my text just a little over an hour ago. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment